Earlier today, Jack, Leah, Candice, and I met in lieu of our class to discuss our progress so far and to finalize our group contract. Since we already completed a contract for our Digital History course here at UMW, this wasn’t all too difficult since we had most of the information already. It was still good to regroup and make sure we were all on the same page (no pun intended) and that we had a clear idea of where we wanted to head with our final site.
We also decided on some pretty FANTABULOUS WordPress themes! Sorry for the crazy expression, but the themes we found for both our site and the overarching Century America site are pretty awesome! Both are free (which is a plus) and extremely customizable, which is exactly what we want. Hopefully it’ll look even more incredible once we add in all of our information and sources.
We also checked today to see where we were in regards to the milestones we had set for ourselves – the good new is, we are right on task! We have messed around with our site, as well as decided on a theme, and have finalized the information that we are going to include and what sources need to be digitized (with permission) for the final site. Hopefully we will be able to get permission soon from both the CRHC and the Library of Virginia since our goal is to have all images and documents digitized the week after spring break.
All in all, I would say we had a brilliant brainstorming/organizing/work session today, and are moving along swimmingly in regards to what we need accomplished. Our next huge goals are to digitize sources and to begin writing blurbs for the individual pages we are responsible since we will need plenty of time to edit these tricky wordings. Hopefully all will go well, and that we can keep going strong following spring break!